I am a middle-aged female (which means I am well over the age of 18). I read and (try to) write HP fanfiction. Harry and Draco are my favorite pairing. I've written 21 hp slash stories. All of them can be found at my Live Journal and the majority (which feature Harry and Draco) can be found at The Hex Files. To give you an idea of what you can expect from my stories:
Things you will NEVER see:
1. Ickle. I hate ickle. Damn near couldn't get my fingers to connect to the keyboard to type in the word for this comment. I know that it's used to convey a certain type of taunting. Surely that can be done just as effectively without the i-word. Can't it?
2. Rape/sexual abuse/molestation. Due to the nature of various jobs I've had thoughout my career, I have known a lot of people who have suffered through these things. Writing and reading hp slash is escapism for me. I may have some angsty moments in my fics, but I really can't imagine myself putting any characters through those types of situations.
3. BDSM. Nothing against it, really. I have actually read (and enjoyed) and will likely continue to read stories with light BDSM. I just don't feel that I really "get it" enough to incorporate it into my stories. It's just not my thing.
4. Chan, watersports, any of the more extreme squicks.
So, what will you see in my stories? You are likely to see:
1. Slash. My pairing of choice is Harry/Draco. If you don't want to read stories where these two may have sex (with each other), don't read my stories. Any characters having sex in my stories will be 18 or older. And, if you're here reading my stories, you should be too.
2. Adult language. I consider myself a fairly articulate person, but cursing and using profanity are like breathing for me. I'm good at it. Really good at it. However, I know when to use and not use that kind of language. So do the characters in my stories. And if they are characters who would probably never use curse words or profanity (think Luna Lovegood), I won't write them using that language. I prefer stories where the characters are actually in-character, so I try to write that way too.
3. Humor. Let me qualify that. I usually try to inject some humor. Of course I realize that what I think is funny may not coincide with what the reader thinks is funny. I'm just saying that I try.
|~ STORIES BY Veritas03 (1) ~|
|No Favorite Stories Listed|
|No Favorite Authors Listed|
Stories by Veritas03
|Snowflakes and Cashmere [MA (NC-17)] by Veritas03
[Reviews - 4] Favorite - 1
Category: HARRY POTTER FANFICTION > Forbidden Forest
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter
Genres: Epilogue, What, Epilogue?, Erotica, Humor, post-DH/DH, compliant, Romance, Smut, Slash Warnings: none
Summary: Harry and Draco return for 8th year at Hogwarts, but spend most of their time studying each other. Will one of them work up the courage to approach the other instead of just playing the watching game? (um…the answer is yes - hence the NC-17 rating). |
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Published: 2010/01/18 Updated: 2010/01/26 Word Count: 3765